- Solar Powered LED signs: These signs are larger and outdoor. They won't meet the needs of everyone, but for the right application, they are perfect.
- Cigarette lighter adaptor: There are a few of these out there. Often they are attached with double-stick tape to the rear window. The programming takes place from the driver area.
- LED Signs directly wired to battery: For the commercial market, I have mostly seen LED License plates. They are wired directly into the battery, and they are controlled by a little remote.
- Battery Powered LED Signs: There are a few in this category, but they all have their problems:
- LED Digital Name Tag: I have a previous post on these. However, they are great if used as a name tag. Otherwise, the print is to small. The on-board programming is a little tough (computer programming also available)
- "Limo Driver Sign": This sign does a pretty good job. It is computer and on-board programmable. The battery-life is 8 hours, and it is not to bulky. The biggest negative is the sign can probably not be seen for much over 100 feet.
- Battery/Electric powered on a stand: The sign I am thinking of is the TE349. It is available many places on the net. It is only on-board programming. The letters are pretty big, and the ability to run off of electric power are also good. The biggest negative is when a battery powered sign is required, the 2+ feet of length makes this sign a little bulky.
- LED Desktop/POP display: Not in all cases, but in many cases my customers were VERY disappointed with the size of the letters on this sign. I put the caveat on my website, and I don't push these to hard. BUT, I do get requests for battery powered LEDs, and I feel obligated to mention this one.
If anyone has come across other battery powered LED signs, please let me know. I would love to make them available to my customers. And, I also accept any other questions/inquiries.