Here is what is needed:
- Universal Device Server
- A Datafeed LED sign (I am testing if it will work with LED signs from other manufacturers.)
- Internet connection
- Skywired Internet Service
- Computer to logon to website to program sign
- Hook the LED Datafeed sign up. (Plug it in, and connect the cable from the sign to the UDS)
- Get the Universal Device Server (UDS) hooked up. This involves plugging the UDS into a power source. Then, you plug the Ethernet cable into one end of the UDS. And, the other end of the UDS device needs to be plugged into a cable that looks like a phone cable.
- I telneted into my router to make sure it could see the UDS device. And, fortunately, my router did not need a firmware upgrade. Depending on your device this may not be true. Out of the box, my UDS was assigned a particular ID. So, all that remained was logging into the website, and begin inputting messages or the datafeeds.
- I logged into the website with login and password.
- The datafeeds can be set up. You can choose the stocks and sports information you desire.
- You can choose the color of the display AND you can choose the way the information is described. (i.e. from the top, from the side, etc.)
- And, if you choose to have a custom message typed in, that is also available from a different form within the site.
- It may take 15-20 minutes for the info to be sent to the sign. Once this is done, it will continue to feed the data until changes are made.