There are 5 types of changeable letters sold on my website:
- 030 letters: These are the most common type of letters. The most common size is "8 on 9". (8 inch letter on 8 15/16 or 9 inch panels) These letters are flexible enough that if bent over, they should be almost able to touch the other end. (not true if the letter has been in the sun awhile-the sun will make them yellow and likely crack if this is done.) The thickness of these letters is thinner than a credit card. And, if you choose to make your own sign using these letters, the correct track needs to be used. On some sizes, both CONDENSED and BOLD are available. Most commonly, they come as BLACK letters with RED numbers. With the '8 on 9', various colors are often available.
- 060 letters: Less common letters-this is mostly due to expense. The thicker letters use more plastic, and thus the price is higher. They are slightly thicker than a credit card. And, their BIGGEST advantage is if the sign is in a windy area, they sign letters are less likely to blow out when thicker letters are used. If this sign letter is chosen, the correct track must also be used.
- Pronto Letters: These letters are 080 letters. They are made by Gemini. They are more expensive than other letters, but they offer these BIG advantages. They have a lifetime warranty, and individual letters can be ordered. With the other sets, it is uncommon to be able to order individual letters. Often, I have customer who want to order additional numbers or commonly used letters. The Gemini letters let this be done easily.
- Swinger Letters: These are a thinner sign panel, but they are not a common size panel. They are used on Springer, Swinger, Tip 'n Roll, and Cartop II from Magic Master. Due to the product line available from Magic Master, the letters come in 2 sizes: 4 inch and 5 inch.
- Black Sign Letters: These signs are created by applying vinyl to black 4 mil coroplast. The vinyl is usually of a very bright (neon) color. (e.g. Pink, Green, and Yellow are the most common. White, blue, and red are also available.) Track can be purchased, but often the Black Signs and letters are purchased together.