Unfortunately, even anti-virus software does not keep you from getting a virus. And, a couple of weeks ago, this is what happened to me. I did that fatal click that made my life chaotic for a few days. And, when I got the computer back, I had a brand new clean version of Windows 7 installed on my computer. Although this is good, it meant I had to reload ALL of my programs. And, installing the programming software was somewhere near the end of the list. And, as stated above, the software set up VERY easily!
- Although setting up the sign using the serial port has always been pretty easy, hardly anybody does this anymore. That is why a USB-adapter is always included with all of the signs that hook up to a computer.
- After installing the Windows 7 driver for the USB, most of the hard part was done.
- I needed to make sure the port assigned within the software matched the port that was assigned when the USB driver was installed. (Troubleshooting Guide)
- And, I had to right click on the LED programming program and run as administrator.
- Once the cables were ALL connected and the sign was plugged in, I was programming messages with my Indoor LED sign pretty quickly.
Questions? Email me!