Often we get phone calls from customer who want to buy a new sign. They are sold on the sign, and then they find out the shipping cost. And, the sign immediately goes out of their budget range. Well, we could like to propose a solution.....
030 Changeable Letter Sign: This is the cheapest sign you can make.
- 030 Letters: The key issue with these letters is the TWO measurements. One measurement is the letter height and the other is the panel height. Typically, the panel height is close to an inch taller than the letter height. The standard colors are red letters with black numbers. Other letter colors are available. And, BOLD and Condensed are also options. When ordering these letters, a FULL set needs to be purchased. Individual letters are not available.
- 030 Track: The track comes in 7.5 ft lengths. If you want to make a sign with 5 rows of letters, you would need 6 pieces of track. Each piece of track has a "top" and a "bottom". One piece of track is the bottom for one row of letters, and the top row for the letter below it.
- Sign Board: Their are many sign board options that could work for this type of sign, but the most common is attaching the track to a piece of painted plywood. The track can be attached in a few ways: using small screws, gluing, or even a staple gun. You need to be careful with the track that it is not split if using too big of a screw. After the track is attached, the plywood can be directly attached to the side of a building OR it could be mounted between 2 post. (angle iron would make this process easier) Putting track on coroplast and then attaching the sign face to an existing sidewalk sign (like a Plasticade sign) is also an option.
- Options: Not all customers want a large sign. We have been selling a large number of sign hinges lately. When the sign hinges are ordered, they are often ordered as a kit that includes the hinge, sign feet, and "T-nuts".
060 Changeable Letter Signs: The letters are more expensive than the 030 signs, but the thicker letters are less likely to blow out of your sign.
- 060 Letters: Fewer options available in colors and sizes. The most common is the 8" Black Letter (red number) on a 9" letter panel.
- 060 Track: This track NEEDS to be used with this type of letter. It is also 7.5 feet long. Otherwise, same as above.
- Sign Board: Same as above
- Options: Pretty much the same as above. The 030 letters might be fine with the "Hinge Handle one", but a larger hinge handle may want to be considered for this type of letter.
Gemini Letters Signs: More options and individual letters can be purchased.
- Gemini Letters: Many options in fonts, colors and sizes. More character choices and the ability to purchase individual letters.
- Gemini Pronto Track: There are a few options with this track. Please call and we can explain more clearly. There is a "better" and "best" option. And, the track can be purchased so each row has 2 rows of track OR it can be "shared" track like described under the 030 track.
- Sign Board: Often, plywood is a good option. With these type letters, many sign specific products can be used. However, they are ALL more expensive then plywood.
- Options: The sign hinges could still be used. These letters have a life time warranty. As long as they are not lost, they can be replaced. These letters are very thick and a patented product. If looking for a GREAT letter without concern of price, these letters are a great option.
Magic Master Signs: Get a custom sign, but also get an excellent sign stand as well!
- Magic Master Letters: These are the same letters used by the Swinger Curbside Message Boards, Springer Sidewalk Signs, Tip 'n Roll Changeable Signs, and the QLA Message System. The packages come with Black Letters and Red Numbers on a white letter panel. The letter sets are either 4 inch or 5 inch sets. (With the 4 inch letter sets, they also come on a black background) And, "deluxe" letter sets can also be purchased. These sets provide "SALE" and "SPECIAL" in 8 or 10 inch sizes; they also include two of each number in the same size. The 5 inch letter sets are also available in NEON colors. (Red, Pink, Yellow, Green & White[not neon])
- Magic Master Track: The track can be purchased in 2 foot, 3 foot or 4 foot lengths. The track has an adhesive backing.
- Sign Board: It works best when attached to coroplast. The Magic Master signs come with the track attached to 10 mil coroplast.
- Options: A very good option here is to buy the "Ready For Graphics" signs with the frame from Magic Master. If the track and letters are bought separately, a custom sign can be designed where there is both a changeable AND a custom portion on the sign face.
Black Letter Sign: Dare passer-bys to miss your sign!
- Black Sign Letters: These letters are known for being fluorescent and eye-catching. These letters are often sold to companies that want to screw them directly into the side of a building. The standard sizes are: 8 inch, 10 inch, 16 inch, & 20 inch. Other sizes are available upon request. The colors include: red, green, pink, yellow, orange & white. (see above) All of the letters come on black coroplast. However, since their are over 10 colors of coroplast available, we can put complimentary colors on all of these various coroplast colors.
- Black Sign Track: On the smaller signs, you certainly want to use this. The track would support the top and bottom of the letter. On the bigger letters, the track can serve as a guideline to keep the letters straight. Due to wind having a greater ability to pull the larger letters out of the track, often a screw is placed in the top left (or right) corner of the letter panel to hold the letter in place.
- Sign Board: Typically, this is a piece of plywood. Because the black sign letters are SO eye-catching, often the letters are used along the side of the road to catch the attention of drivers. Additionally, because the letters can be made in a variety of sizes, often the "custom" signs can be quite large.
- Options: If you want to make a custom black sidewalk sign, the sign hinges above would work fine.
If there are additional questions on these letters OR any of there uses, please contact us!